Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Big Thank You to the Telecommunication Companies

According to President Bush we need to thank the telecommunication companies for their involvement in the illegal intelligence gathering by agencies under the Bush Administration. Well here goes.

A big thank you to all the telecommunication companies who complied with the illegal requests to turn over customer records to the government. Thank you for going against your own end user agreements and customer contracts stating that you would protect my privacy and information unless confronted with legal warrants to turn over said information. Thank you for giving me the assurances that your end user agreements are legal binding contracts between your company and myself or my business, it's good to know that I am held accountable to such agreements, but you are not. Thanks for trying to stifle and protect me from any information that would come out in a court hearing that might influence me to take my business elsewhere, perhaps to another company that didn't roll over when presented with illegal requests for their customer information. Thank you for the peace of mind that I have for trusting you and taking you at your word that my private conversations were that, private. Thank you for the scrutiny that my searches, inquiries and conversations into current events were put under to gauge my patriotism. Thank you for laying out any information you might have that could be taken in such a way as to subject me to possibly be held in secret prisons for years at a time without being charged with a crime. Thank you for driving up the cost of business by encouraging private face to face meetings to discuss sensitive issues because your networks can not be trusted. Thank you for the warm feelings of the publics trust in big businesses. Thank you for the assurances that we have nothing to fear from rouge political agendas and our government in general. A big thank you for letting us know where we stand in this Democratic society where we are mistakenly under the impression that our country is run under rules and laws that protect the individual against the special interests of government or big business. Thank you for giving us faith in the laws of our country.

No comments: